Robert is our next colleague, who accepted to give us a few insides about his job. With multiple roles in the company (Project Manager within the Technology and Business Solutions department, who also helps implementing Business Excellence concepts for the HR department), Robert was elected for another one this year: our Employee Representative. Let’s see how does he have time for everything in the interview below.
How long have you been working here?
At the end of November I’ll celebrate 2 years. Time truly flies when you’re having fun!
Describe your usual day at work.
Although since March the “usual day at work” became “the usual work day” my daily activities didn’t change. No, wait! There is one thing that changed. I’m no longer starting my office day with a coffee but with convincing my cat to leave the office (the home-office) as she’s not only extremely curious but also makes too many typos when she walks gracefully across my keyboard 😉.
For the rest of the day, like most of us, I’m dividing my time between meetings and working on the actions resulted from these meetings.
At the end of the work day I no longer need 30 minutes to get home. I just close my laptop and … I’m home.
What you love the most about your job?
Even if I like challenging projects and particularly seeing how such projects progress, I must admit that I love the technical part of the “Celonis HTR Operationalization” project. Particularly the constant “AHA moments” that I have while digging into Celonis capabilities (I’m a computer engineer so is very pleasant to reconnect with my “technical core”).
I’m very fortunate to get to see such a powerful tool from its first days into our organization to the moment when we’ll not imagine our day-by-day operational activities without it.
What’s your favorite thing about DTSE Romania?
Well, it varied a lot depending on what I experienced during these last 2 years, but here’s a list of my favorite things about the company:
- shortly after being hired I would have said “definitely, the courage to start a herculean project such as … HRcules!”
- later on when I changed my office from mezzanine to 6th floor I would have said “definitely, the setup of the office space!”
- after seeing the additional benefits being added regularly I would have said “definitely, the benefits policy!”
- while participating in my 1st Pulse Survey in November 2019 and understanding what big impact it has I would have said “definitely, the genuine concern that DTSE’s leadership has for the well-being of its employees!” (do you know that I have never worked for or heard of another company that considers not having met its business objectives if the employee survey results have decreased!)
- when pandemics started in March 2020 I would have said “definitely, the security of my job!”
- when pandemics will be over I’m sure I’ll appreciate something new in DTSE Romania … maybe the flexible work-from-home policy?
What advice you would give to someone interested in a job at DTSE Romania?
DTSE Romania is part of the largest telecommunication service provider company in Europe. So our jobs are safe during these uncertain times but also challenging as we work in a very dynamic company.
We have opportunities for those at the beginning of their professional life, for those looking to grow but also for mature professionals willing to share their expertise and be appreciated for it.
To put it simple… A job here is like a real Black Friday offer. You don’t want to miss it. You’ll feel very soon that you’ve been very fortunate to find such a good deal!