We are a small team in a big company, mainly adopting agile methodology. We provide Data Science solutions for internal customers inside Deutsche Telekom and our skills and solutions are continually in high demand. Therefore, we want to increase the size of our team with additional technical people that know how to process and analyze data so we can serve and satisfy needs of even more customers.
We are looking for somebody who can work independently, create working solutions quickly, creatively come up with new ideas, but also knows how to use and where to look for existing solutions. Our project members are also situated in Germany, Slovakia or Romania so video conferencing is the daily standard.
- You will be applying machine learning approaches like analyzing and visualizing data in Python to provide business insights for internal customers of the Deutsche Telekom group
- You will prepare training & evaluation pipelines and apply state of the art Machine Learning approaches to improve processes in Finance (Controlling, Treasury, Accounting), Procurement, HR, and others
- We create data-driven business solutions for our customers. You will be the one creating them and possibly deploying them to production, teaching your customers how to use them, and providing support/maintenance
- You will be responsible for the technical part in your projects designing & implementing prototypes of innovative applications in Python – our usual projects are in the areas of Time Series, NLP, Classification, Visualization
- You will cooperate with the business side including your active contribution in customer workshops, meetings, and calls so the ability to explain technical points to business colleagues is a crucial part of this job, as is a consultant’s mindset
- You will participate in team brainstorming sessions, code reviews, and pair programming sessions
- Depending on the use case, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of tools and technologies like SAP, Scikit-learn, Keras, Spacy, Docker, Kubernetes, Flask or Tesseract and BI dashboarding tools like MicroStrategy, Qlik, Tableau, … knowledge of these is helpful
- You will have the chance to identify possible use cases for automation and data science, innovative ideas are welcome
- Language: Fluent written and spoken English, German skills would be an advantage
- Education in the IT field would be beneficial
- 2 or 3 years of working experience with Data Science projects, preferably with Time Series forecasting
- You are good at coding in Python
- We work with Jupyter Notebook, SAP and SAP HANA studio, experience with these tools is more than welcome but not necessary
- You are aware of and willing to apply Agile methodology (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- IT area sounds good to you, but business process management is something that seems to be interesting too (Financial Controlling, Procurement, Human Resources)
- You are not afraid to ask questions when something is not clear or point out when something seems inefficient to you
- You are an analytical thinker, have an affinity for structure, grasp things fast and work systematically
- You can develop working solutions quickly and you get things done
- Proactivity towards customer service is essential.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
- A thorough and methodical approach to work
- Highly developed skills in interpersonal communication
- Knowledge sharing – active contributor.
To apply for this position, send us an email with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org